Members of the volunteer program at MedStar St. Mary's are an integral part of our long-standing reputation of excellence and quality care.
Each year, volunteers dedicate thousands of hours of service to facilitate the work of MedStar St. Mary's Hospital. By generously donating their time and talents, volunteers are able to meet new people, help the community, and explore healthcare careers.
At MedStar St. Mary's, we match volunteers to open positions based on individual interests, skills, talents, and availability. We ask that volunteers be willing to commit to at least six months of service. Our volunteers include adults, juniors, interfaith chaplains, and emergency drivers.
All individuals, without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental abilities, have a right to apply to MedStar St. Mary's Hospital for volunteer status, except for the specific age requirements stated. Volunteers are required to attend orientation and training sessions, and agree to learn and abide by hospital regulations.
All volunteers are required to attend annual in-services on infection control; standard precautions; safety and security; hazardous and toxic substances; proper body mechanics; risk management; confidentiality; and customer service. All volunteers must also obtain a PPD test annually.
Summer 2019 Junior Volunteering & Learning Intern (Unpaid) Opportunities
- The mandatory open house and information sessions for Summer 2019 opportunities will be held on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. and Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 4-5 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room. Open house attendance is mandatory to participate in the program and attendees must attend one entire 1-hour session with a parent/guardian.
- Complete applications must be received in the Volunteer Student Services office no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, May 6, 2019. Please check to be sure all elements are included and all areas of the application are complete.
- Orientation, if selected for a position, will be held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, from 4-7 p.m.
- Click here for more detailed information on summer 2019 opportunities.
Adult Volunteer Services
- Information desk assistants
- Clerical and office assistants
- Interfaith chaplains
- Patient care assistants in Ambulatory Surgery
- Gift shop clerks/cashiers
Sign Up to Volunteer
We welcome new volunteers to join us as we deliver top-quality healthcare services to the community. To fill out an application to volunteer, please download the application form below and mail the forms to our Volunteer Office.
- Adult Volunteer Application and Guidelines
- Interfaith Chaplain Application and Guidelines
- Emergency Conditions Driver Application and Guidelines
- Junior Volunteer Application and Guidelines
Please mail your completed application(s) to:
MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
Attn: Volunteer and Student Services Office
P.O. Box 527
25500 Point Lookout Road
Leonardtown, MD 20650