Located just behind the main hospital building, the MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital Outpatient Pavilion houses our Cancer Care & Infusion Services, Specialty Physicians at St. Mary’s, Outpatient Imaging, Outpatient Lab, Health Connections, and Marketing, Public Relations, and Philanthropy office.
Opened in 2011, the two-story building is beautifully designed and offers a wide range of services and leading-edge technologies to better serve patients promptly and conveniently.
Read below for more information.
Cancer Care & Infusion Services
The Cancer Care & Infusion Services department at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital delivers the highest quality of care with compassion in a supportive, welcoming environment. We endeavor to provide you with care as excellent or better than in any other major hospital, but in the comfort of your home community. We work closely with medical oncologists and surgeons in all of the Washington and Baltimore area hospitals and cancer centers, including MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. With 11 total treatment bays, including two private isolation rooms for patient safety, the center provides both inpatient and outpatient services. Most of your chemotherapy needs can be met at MedStar St. Mary’s.
Call 301-475-6070 for more information.
Treatments and services offered:
- Biotherapy and chemotherapy
- Bone marrow aspirations and biopsies
- Blood/ blood product transfusions
- Venous access device management
- Intravenous hydration and antibiotics
- Pain and symptom management
- Counseling and support groups
- Soothing garden and patio landscape view
- Patient library and boutique
- Nutrition bar and dietitian services
- State-of-the-art dedicated pharmacy and pharmacist
Services devoted primarily to diagnostic imaging in this facility include:
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- 20 Slice CT Scanner
- PET/CT Scanner (mobile)
- Radiology/Fluoroscopy Systems
Note: Nuclear medicine and inpatient imaging continue to be conducted in the main hospital building.
Women's Health Services
The Women's Health Services in the Outpatient Pavilion maintains a separate suite of rooms within Outpatient Imaging. To schedule an appointment for one of the below services, call 301-475-6399. For more information, call 240-434-7317.
- Digital Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Lymphoscinitigraphy (Nuclear Medicine)
- Steretactic Breast Biopsy
- Breast Needle Localization
- Ultrasound Breast Core Biopsy
- Breast MRI Biopsy
- Bone Densitometry
- 3D/4D Ultrasound
- Childbirth outreach services through Health Connections
Specialty Physicians at St. Mary's
The Specialty Physicians suites in the Outpatient Pavilion include offices for our specialty physicians as well as exam and procedure rooms. Our partners with MedStar Health utilize this space on a rotating basis to bring high-quality specialty care closer to home. The following services are currently available:
MedStar Orthopaedic Institute
- Emmanuel Asare O. Atiemo, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Specialist
Please call 240-434-7483 or click here to schedule an appointment with Dr. Atiemo. Learn more about our orthopedic services and the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. Atiemo is conveniently located in both Leonardtown and Waldorf.
MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute
- Arthur Flatau III, MD, Vascular Surgeon
MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
- Nicholas Tapazoglou, MD, General & Bariatric Surgeon
Health Connections is the community outreach department at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital. It offers seminars and support groups for all ages with two large Multipurpose Rooms (A & B) for community Classes and Events. If you are interested in attending a class or would like more information, please call 301-475-6019 for more information or to speak with one of our associates.
- Diabetes management
- Exercise, weight loss and nutrition management
- Smoking Cessation
- Senior wellness events
- Support groups
- Lactation counseling