The St. Mary's Hospital Foundation serves as the fundraising arm of MedStar St. Mary's Hospital. Since 1912, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital has been dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of our community. The hospital is a not-for profit facility offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, health education and community outreach. The Foundation raises private funds to support capital expansion projects, advanced medical technology and programs. Since 2001, it has awarded scholarships to nearly 100 individuals pursuing education in nursing and healthcare fields.
The St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board is comprised of community volunteers who recognize the positive impact of philanthropy on the hospital and our community's health. The Foundation appreciates your continued support of our hospital and wants you to know that your participation at any level matters. The Foundation offers several events throughout the year, including its annual Gala.
The St. Mary's Hospital Foundation members include:
- Jennifer Blake, President
- Christine Wray, Secretary
- Ric Braam, Treasurer
- Robert DiVito, Vice-President, Philanthropy Services, MedStar Health
- Karen Garner
- Bill Moody
- Yahia Tagouri, MD
- Rick Tepel
- Lea Weaver
- Vince Whittles
- Beverly Wood
Interested in a St. Mary's Hospital Foundation scholarship? Since 2001, the Foundation has been awarding scholarships to Southern Maryland candidates interested in pursuing a healthcare career. The Foundation accepts applications from individuals interested not only in nursing, but also in the growing field of allied health. These allied health professionals are involved in many aspects of health care, including but not limited to:
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Laboratory Technology
Each of the scholarships awarded cover payment for tuition, books and fees associated with the degree or certification. Download a scholarship packet or feel free to pick one up in the hospital's Human Resources Department.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- The Foundation scholarship is only for residents of Southern Maryland: St. Mary's, Charles and Calvert counties.
- You must have at least a 3.0 high school GPA if applying within four years of high school graduation.
- If it has been more than four years since high school graduation, please submit an ACT score or proof of degree from another school. (This program is not exclusively focusing on high-school aged students; many receive a scholarship as a second career.)
- In return for receiving the scholarship, recipients will commit to working at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital for at least one year if a position is available.
For more information on the scholarship program, please call MedStar St. Mary's Hospital Human Resources at 301-475-6018.