When Precision Matters: Free Colon Cancer Seminar Happening May 9
May 2, 2019
Explore By Category :
- Emergency medicine/trauma
- Healthcare industry
- MedStar in the community
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
- Primary care
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Women’s services
- Video Gallery
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center News
- MedStar Harbor Hospital News
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital News
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital News
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center News
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital News
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center News
- MedStar Health System News
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center News
With the trend of colon cancer appearing earlier in both men and women, it’s important to stay educated on its symptoms and available treatments. MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital will host a free, informative presentation on colorectal cancer by visiting expert John Marshall, MD, at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 9.
Dr. Marshall, chief of hematology and oncology at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, will discuss cutting-edge treatments for colon cancer and the impact of precision medicine on cancer care. Catherine Dowling, clinical dietitian at MedStar St. Mary’s, will also discuss the importance of nutrition.
The seminar will be held 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in the Potomac Room at The Blue Heron Café within MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital. Admission is free, but space is limited. To register, call Health Connections at 301-475-6019.
Back to Top