Code Brown LIFTED
January 4, 2018
Code Brown LIFTED as of 7 p.m., Jan. 4, 2018.
Leonardtown, Maryland (Jan. 4, 2018) - Due to inclement weather, a CODE BROWN is in effect for our hospital as of 4:30 a.m. on Jan. 4, 2018. For patients with scheduled appointments, tests, or surgeries, please use your best judgment when traveling. Patients, to reschedule an appointment or procedure, contact the appropriate department directly. As a reminder, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is OPEN 24/7.
Current CODE BROWN Status:
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital, including our Emergency Department, is OPEN. All surgeries and tests will continue as scheduled.
- MedStar PromptCare in Charlotte Hall is OPEN. Please call 855-546-1991 with any questions.
- Cancer Care and Infusion Services is OPEN.
- Specialty Physicians at MedStar St. Mary's is CLOSED.
- Outpatient imaging services are OPEN.
- Outpatient laboratory services at the main hospital are OPEN. Laboratory services off-site on Moakley Street and in Lexington Park are CLOSED.
- MedStar Medical Group offices in St. Mary's County plan to open at 12:30 p.m. today, Jan. 4. If you are unsure about the status of your appointment, please contact the office directly.
Remember, do not travel to the hospital if you do not have reliable transportation or feel it is unsafe. If you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
For non-emergency medical needs, please consider using MedStar eVisit, a video-based care option offering access to board-certified medical professionals 24/7. After registering, patients can have a secure virtual consultation for a non-emergency medical issue within minutes through your computer or mobile device. Each visit costs only $49 or less* and insurance is not required. Learn more and enroll here.
- Main Hospital: 301-475-8981
- Surgery: 240-434-7652
- Emergency Department: 301-475-6111
- Lab: 301-475-6133
- Imaging: 240-434-7317
Associates, CODE BROWN drivers are available during severe weather for individuals who need help traveling to the hospital. Please call 301-475-6226 or 240-434-7008.
Back to Top