Healthgrades Awards MedStar St. Mary’s Five Stars for Maternity Services
September 19, 2016
Explore By Category :
- Emergency medicine/trauma
- Healthcare industry
- MedStar in the community
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
- Primary care
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Women’s services
- Video Gallery
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center News
- MedStar Harbor Hospital News
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital News
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital News
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center News
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital News
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center News
- MedStar Health System News
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center News
For the second year in a row, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital has received two national awards for continued excellence in women’s care from Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive data about physicians and hospitals. MedStar St. Mary’s was recognized with Five-Star Awards for Vaginal Delivery and C-Section Delivery for both 2015 and 2016.
According to information from Healthgrades, patients having C-section or vaginal deliveries in a hospital with a five-star rating have a lower risk of experiencing complications than if they were treated at a hospital with one star. The ratings were based on data from women undergoing single or dual live-born vaginal deliveries and women undergoing single, dual or triple live born C-section deliveries.
From 2012 to 2015, the number of babies delivered at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital has risen by 15.65 percent from 1,093 births in 2012 to 1,264 births in 2015. Last fall, our hospital was also recognized by the March of Dimes Maryland-National Capital Area Chapter for reducing births before 39 weeks.
MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital’s Women’s Health & Family Birthing Center features five birthing rooms and 12 private postpartum suites specifically created to accommodate families during this special time. Birthing center tours are available the second and fourth Sundays of each month. Participants must register by calling 301-475-6019.
Visit MedStarStMarys.org/MaternityServices for more information.
Back to Top