Leonardtown, Maryland (January 22, 2016) - Due to inclement weather, a CODE BROWN is in effect for MedStar St. Mary's Hospital.
January 22, 2016
UPDATE: As of 12 a.m., Monday, Jan. 25, 2016, CODE BROWN has been lifted. All offices associated with MedStar St. Mary's Hospital will resume regular business hours on Monday. If you are unsure about the status of your appointment, please contact the office directly.
Leonardtown, Maryland (January 22, 2016) - Due to inclement weather, a CODE BROWN is in effect for our hospital. For patients with scheduled appointments, tests, or surgeries, please use your best judgment when traveling and check with your doctor's office for updates. Patients, to reschedule an appointment or procedure, contact the appropriate department directly.
As a reminder, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is open 24/7. Previsions have been made for staff to remain at the hospital throughout the weekend (as needed) and additional supplies have been secured.
CODE BROWN Status:
- All surgeries and tests will continue as scheduled.
- Specialty Physicians at St. Mary’s is closing early Friday, Jan. 22. The offices of Dr. Atiemo and Dr. Zahir are closing at noon and the offices of Dr. Kim and Dr. Flatau are closing at 1 p.m. Both offices plan to resume regular business hours on Monday, weather pending. Any patients scheduled during this time will be contacted should the office close.
- Cancer Care and Infusion Services is closing Friday, Jan. 22 at 11 a.m.
- Express Care in Charlotte Hall will be closed on Friday, Jan. 22, and Saturday, Jan. 23.
- Imaging Outpatient Services are closing early Friday, Jan. 22, at 3 p.m.
- Laboratory Outpatient Services are closing Friday, Jan. 22, 4 p.m. and will be closed on Saturday, Jan. 23.
- MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital Primary Care office in Great Mills is closing at noon on Friday, Jan. 22.
- All MedStar Medical Group offices are closing at 1 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 22.
- The MedStar St. Mary's Hospital Scheduling Department is closing at noon today, Friday, Jan. 22. Patients are suggested to leave a message and their call will be returned on Monday, weather pending.
All offices plan to resume regular business hours on Monday, weather pending. If you are unsure about the status of your appointment, please contact the office directly.
Remember, do not travel to the hospital if you do not have reliable transportation or feel it is unsafe. If you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Main Hospital: 301-475-8981
- Surgery: 240-434-7652
- Lab: 301-475-6133
- Imaging: 301-475-6399
Associates, CODE BROWN drivers are available during severe weather for individuals who need help traveling to the hospital. Please call 301-475-6226 or 240-434-7008.
Back to Top