Junior Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or learning during the
2016-17 school year please review the following requirements and deadlines.
High School Students
There will be a Mandatory Open House/ Information Session on Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 in the Multipurpose Room in the main hospital building. There will be two sessions available: 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Please plan to attend one of the information/interview sessions (each session is one hour).
- You must attend one entire session to be considered for these
- You must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if you are under 18 years of age.
- Application deadlines are listed below apply.
Please contact the Volunteer & Student Services for details regarding requirements and placement.
Application and Notification Deadlines/Process
All applications for the school year programs must be received, containing all appropriate and complete documentation, no later than Friday, Oct. 7, 2016 to be considered for placement.
*Application must be in the VSS office by 4:00 p.m.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent out on or before Thursday Oct. 13, 2016.
- Orientation for new volunteers/ learning interns will be on Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Applications available by contacting the VSS office below. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the email or phone number below. Thank you for your interest in the volunteer and learning internship programs at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact: