The Board of Directors at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a volunteer body dedicated to fulfilling the mission, vision and values of the hospital. The 19-member board consists of community members, MedStar Health leaders, and representation from our Medical Staff and Foundation.
Our board members have experience on other boards or public committees, many related to the healthcare industry. The board members also have extensive professional and business achievements, and leadership skills. Their objectivity, commitment of time and dedication to the community all play an important role in the success of the Board of Directors and the hospital as a whole.
In fact, over the past several years, the board has guided the hospital toward several important goals. Due to the guidance of the board, the hospital has expanded the array of medical specialties on staff and directed the hospital toward the acquisition of many cutting-edge technologies, such as our fully integrated electronic medical record system. In the fall of 2009, the board also decided to join MedStar Health, the mid-Atlantic region's largest healthcare system. The partnership with MedStar creates additional possibilities for expanding services, advancing technologies, and recruiting and retaining quality physicians.
MedStar St. Mary's Hospital Board of Directors:
- Barbara Thompson, Chair
- Jane H. Sypher, Vice Chair
- R. Timothy Storch, Treasurer
- Jennifer Blake Meyer, Chair, St. Mary's Hospital Foundation
- Christina L. Broom Via
- Anna Choi, MD
- Joy Drass, MD, Executive Vice President, MedStar Health, Washington Region
- Mary Leigh Harless
- Tracy Harris, PhD
- John Harvey, MD
- Krishna P. Jayaraman, MD
- Conor F. Lundergan, MD, Medical Chief of Staff, MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital
- Kenneth A. Samet, President and CEO, MedStar Health
- Avani Shah, MD
- Christine R. Wray, President, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital